Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back to Work

After a great summer of just painting for the fun of it, it's time for me to get back to work. My eight week One Hour Painting class is beginning next Tuesday in Cohasset, MA so I thought I'd better do a practice demo. I started to set up a still life in the studio, but it was brilliantly sunny out, so I set it up in my driveway instead. (I try to soak up as much sun as I can these days because I'll be missing it pretty soon.) Also, I figured the challenge of chasing the noon day sun would keep me on my toes. And that it did!


One Hour Practice Demo 8 x 10
There are a lot of things I can fix in this and the glare is awful.
But you get the idea. 

 Since the class is geared toward getting folks to loosen up and trust themselves, we will mostly be painting simple still lives in controlled light. This one turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought, especially since the light completely changed within the hour! Every demo teaches me something!  

There are still a few spots left if you are interested! 

#322     The One Hour Oil Painting 
          Nancy Colella  
This class will explore the practice of creating a painting from start to finish in one hour, teaching students how to think more spontaneously and produce more lively and intuitive work. It will help simplify the process and enable students to “say a lot with little.” Generous, quick, well-placed strokes will help create fresher, simpler, more effective paintings. Each class will begin with a demo followed by a “timed” one hour group painting session. We will work both outdoors en plein air (when the weather permits) and also from still life and photos. An understanding of oil painting materials would be helpful. 
9/21–11/9  Tuesday am 9:30–12:30                                              
$205M  $245NM  8 classes 






No comments:

Post a Comment