Sunday, September 12, 2010

Workshops

To have the opportunity to immerse yourself into something that you are passionate about for three full days, with no distractions, is an amazing gift. I'm just back from a painting workshop I took with Carol Marine and I feel like I learned more about painting in those three days than I did in the four years as an art major in college! She is incredibly talented and generous with her knowledge; and is as cute and funny as can be. There is a reason her workshops fill up so fast! Here she is beginning a demo the first day. 

Here are just a couple the exercises she had us do.
 
Making one value dominate 

10 minute studies of the same object 

timed quick color studies of just one object 

Workshops are a great way to shake up things and I can't wait to see where all this new information is going to take me! Stay tuned. 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Carol is amazing and I learned an incredible amount in just 3 days and had a blast doing it. I'm attending her workshop in Jacksonville, which is 5 days in October and can't wait! Glad to hear you had such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people of every level come away with new tools from Carol's workshops! Nancy, I loved your pieces, and I know that they are just the tip of the iceberg compared to what you're going to DO with your new tools! Thank you for being such a fun part of our workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol puts her entire being into every class, every day. She presents an incredible incredible amount of information. I've never met anyone who's knowledge of light and color in painting is so solidly presented.
    AND...she likes to socialize with her students. No one does that.
    She's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete