Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This time of year

Early nights. Eating right. 
It's all good, but what I appreciate the most about this time of year 
is getting to spend long hours in the studio.
I've been channelling a favorite artist, Tim Horn lately 
so when I found this image today, 
I decided to make getting the values of
warm light in cool shadows 
the challenge of the day.  
Come For Lunch! 
16 x 20 

What better way to spend a winter afternoon?

  I was having caprese salad, chicken paillard, and a crisp California chard
under that umbrella.







7 comments:

  1. UNREAL..THIS IS A REAL BEAUTY..THOUGHT IT WAS TIM HORN..HONEY..YOU ARE A MASTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know me too!
    Love this Nancy.
    This is your forte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do light on buildings like no one else. Great job, perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful painting Nancy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous light on this one. Not easy to do and you did a WONDERFUL job. I have not heard of Tim Horn , I will have to look him up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! I can imagine sitting right there with you enjoying that great meal! I have taken a workshop with Tim and he is as much fun of a person as he is a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the colors in this painting. The umbrella is stunning. I like the lunch menu as well...

    ReplyDelete