Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Upside Down Exercise

I had my last class of this session today, so I wanted to do 
something challenging and fun. 
I brought in a bunch of simple images of figures and animals
and had them paint them upside down.
That way they HAD to just put in the big shapes 
in the right value and color!
It's really a stretch for everyone, but the results are amazing. 
Here are a few, in the works. 







We had about 45 minutes left after we talked about them
so they did one more quick one. 



This was an amazing group of ten very diverse and talented painters.
As always, I feel like I learned more from them.
I am so grateful to be able to do what I do.  

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is fabulous. Thank you for sharing it. I have learned a lot from your teaching posts and refer back to them every once in a while. Thanks again for your sharing heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. And the chicken painting I love!

    ReplyDelete