Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Foolin' With Figures

For our "Tuesday Morning Gathering" this week 
we fooled around with figures.
First we watched a Peggi Kroll Roberts DVD
on the proper proportions of the figure.
Then we painted from images from my "beach people" photo album.

This one is mine. 
This couple walks on the beach like this every day.
She leads. He follows. 
Happy Couple? 
 
 
The idea was to break the figure down into simple shapes
of light and shadow.
Here is some of the great work the students came up with!





I love that they all stretch themselves 
and happily try new techniques! 


1 comment:

  1. so cool!
    I also pulled up PKR's site here for my two private students last Monday while they were paining from photos they brought with them.
    I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete