Monday, July 16, 2012

Heat Wave Plein Air

I'm teaching a class tomorrow and am concerned about the heat wave.
So today I set up under the deck at the beach to see if it was tolerable. 
There was a delicious off shore breeze and 
 I was amazingly comfortable, even at high noon.
Unfortunately, there was a lot of glare off the sand and water 
and it was so hot and humid, everything was shrouded in a haze. 
This is the scene I chose, because it was away from the glare. 
The challenge was how to paint this with no clear light and shadow pattern. 

Hazy, HOT, and Humid
6 x 6 
I had to keep all the values in the middle range
and cooler and lighter as they receded. 
This is not my favorite lighting situation to paint, 
but I always love a challenge. 
Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.   



No comments:

Post a Comment