Thursday, May 2, 2013

"Oils Over Acrylic" and a new class!

Remember this large acrylic painting 
I did a few weeks ago? 
24 x 30 

I kept walking by it in the studio, thinking it looked "awkward".
so yesterday I went at it with oils.  

High Noon 
24 x 30

(I took the image late in the day 
so it looks a lot cooler than it really it is)  

Painting over acrylic with oils is a great tool! 
You can work out the composition and value shifts,
changing things as much as you need to, 
then adding the oil is like 
icing the cake!   

Still experimenting with acrylics, 
but as of now, oils remain my medium of choice! 

NOTE: 
I will be teaching a new class at 
Tuesdays 9:30 - 12:30
Three classes inside, three classes out side,  
covering the One Hour Approach 
with still life, photos, landscape and the figure in sunlight.
Get ready to throw some paint around!  

No comments:

Post a Comment