Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Champions!


When the Pats won the Super Bowl, 
I started thinking about how I could express that 
moment of total exhilaration  
with paint!  
Talk about a Celebration! 

Champions!
12 x 16 

This was more difficult than it looks. 
I had to force myself to just make marks.
Spots of colors and their relationships to each other.  
I wanted to keep the colors bright and clean so
instead of middle grey,
I toned the board with yellow acrylic
 and did the map in red acrylic.




This approach is totally foreign to me.
Not having any value patterns to work with, 
I find I have to be more creative! 

Thanks to all the storms, 
I've been "stuck in the office"
 for hours on end. 
Not a bad gig. 








3 comments:

  1. You figured it out- brilliant! Painting and game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT work and painting. I love this Nance. The Patriots and Boston Globe need to see this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful post i really appreciate thanks for sharing such a nice post
    gclub online
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete