Thursday, September 24, 2015

Opening Reception tonight! (Friday)

My friend Page Pearson Railsback and I 
are hosting an opening reception for our art exhibit
"Two Friends / Two Views" 
tonight 9/25 from 6 - 8 pm at the  
Pratt Memorial Library 
Cohasset, MA 


"Bank On It" 
12 x 12 acrylic by 
Page Pearson Railsback 


"Colors of Summer"
20 x 20 oil 
by Nancy Colella 


Page and I met over 20 years ago, when I took a yoga class from her. 
At the time, she was an accomplished watercolorist and I was studying 
oil painting with John Kilroy at the North River Arts Society.
            Over the years, our friendship has evolved and grown, 
as have our paintings. 
Page’s work has been by inspired by many “colorists”; 
namely Roz Farbush, Cynthia Packard, Debenkorn and Matisse. 
Her focus has been on the affect colors had on each other. 
Meanwhile, I followed a more “tonalist”, representational approach 
to my paintings, inspired by many of the contemporary Plein Air painters 
such as Ken Auster, Charles Sovek, and Peggi Kroll Roberts, as well as Edward Hopper. 
My focus has been on establishing a strong value plan.
              As we took different paths on our artistic journeys, 
we learned a great deal from each other and our friendship flourished. 
Our mutual love of all things art, gardening, entertaining, traveling 
and just living life to the fullest, has been a gift to us both.
            The work in this show represents new work by both of us, 
depicting our different views on the world that surrounds us. 
The differences and similarities of the work demonstrate 
the subtle influences we have had on each other.

I hope you enjoy the show! 






3 comments:

  1. I am so excited about this show! I have a workshop till 8 in Duxbury, but am going to leave a few minutes early to get to your Opening. What a great idea and great artists to hang side by side! Everyone should go!

    ReplyDelete