Monday, July 25, 2016

Collage Bar

I've been playing around with cut paper painting lately 
and Marcia Ballou is the master of design and color 
in the collage department.   
This morning, I took one of the 
"Collage Bar" sessions 
she is hosting in her fabulous studio this summer.  

 
10 x 8 fabric, paper collage
I was having so much fun,
think I overdid it.

It's a very spontaneous and intuitive way to focus
 on shapes and color without any detail.  

 

This is one Marcia did in an earlier class. 
So simple yet so strong! 

I felt like a kid in a candy store! 
She has every color and type of fabric, paper, pens, paint, 
surfaces, mediums......yum!



A sample pile of small pieces of cut paintings, 
wallpaper, magazines etc... 


Go here to sign up. 
I highly recommend it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment