Sunday, July 16, 2017

Preparing with Procreate


Living at the beach in the summer
limits my studio time for sure, 
but I'm not complaining!

However I've discovered how to use the Procreate app
to do a lot of design work while I'm away.


 "Ocean Club"
30 x 20 oil  

This is how I use it: 

I started with this image. 


and cropped it to this.


In Procreate I was able break it down
 into the large shapes of color.


I managed a few hours in the studio 
so I did this charcoal sketch 
over a 20 x 30 old painting toned with yellow ochre
and took a picture of it.  



I then put that image in to Procreate
and was then able to play with colors 
and shapes
before applying paint!  
You can erase, change values, tones...
layer after layer.......


It's a great way to design and plan your painting
and saves time and materials. 

And I feel like I'm "painting" 
even when I'm away from the studio! 

Happy Camper.




No comments:

Post a Comment